Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bye, Bye Arizona!!!

Well, after a week meeting grandparents and an aunt and cousin, Noah and I are heading home tomorrow. It has been a great trip for the little guy. He flew for the first time since July when we returned from Ethiopia - otherwise known as the flight from hell....well maybe not that bad! This time it was just Noah and I, a diaper bag and a very heavy 17" laptop (what was I thinking - could I actually get work done??). He took a bottle right before boarding, had some tylenol and fell asleep as we took off; not waking until I woke him while we were on the runway in Phoenix - YAY!!! He had a little bottle meltdown as I was trying to figure out the rental carseat - oh well, what can ya do?? Otherwise he cried himself to sleep on the 2 hour drive up to Dewey and he had a great week, other than clinginess and some sleepless nights (I am sooooo tired!!!). He even got to watch his cousin play soccer today - he scored 3 or 4 times - YAY Brock!!!

Hopefully tomorrow goes smoothly...please please please! Then on Monday Noah gets his photos done, thanks to Celebrating Adoptions, dermatologist on Wednesday and our first post-placement visit on Friday. Unfortunately we didn't hear from the daycare that had 2 infant openings in October, which means I can't go back to work - yet! Crap!!! Here's a few pictures from the trip that I have downloaded.

HI, why can I only go backwards

Auntie Kim and cousin Brock...

Grammy, Auntie Kim and Noah

1 comment:

Diane said...

I traveled alone with Atticus 6 weeks after he got home. That was a big mistake. I may never do it again. Kudos to you! Noah looks great. He's getting big!