Sunday, April 20, 2008

R.I.P.













We lost Umbrella (alias Brella, Brell,Bella and B) yesterday. I came home and she was panting and breathing hard; saving us was our wonderful vet - who was closing in 15 minutes, but took us anyway (we are definitely regulars). As I suspected when we left it was bad. Her lungs were filled with fluid and most likely had cancer. It wasn't a tough decision, albeit a very sad decision, she was my companion for almost 11 years - she flew from Boston to Arizona and then up to Denver. Then a year later drove with us back to Arizona and then a few month later drove back with James and I (and Cordell) back to Denver - from the Sherman Street apartment to the loft downtown and 3 years ago to this house - where she seemed the happiest!
I MISS HER SO MUCH!!!



4 comments:

Mamacita said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! She was a really pretty kitty. I lost my dog in January. Its hard, but it gets less painful with time. I remember the funny times now, not just the losing part. Take care.

Crystal said...

Poor Bella.........I am so glad she is no longer in pain though. What a tough day!

The Weinberg Family said...

OMG, I'm so sorry guys. Bella was a sweet kitty and such a lovely friend for you guys. You're in my thoughts.

Kelly and Matt said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how tough it is. Hope you soon can remember her without the pang of loss. Best wishes...